LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reentrant data space could not be cloned

I am getting this alert popup and I cannot find any info on what it means. Does anyone have a clue?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,564 Views)
Can you post code that demonstrates it?

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,561 Views)
It only happens now and then on a fairly large and involved application. I am first interested in understanding the import of the message and then I will look into trying to fix it.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,555 Views)

is it possible that you are using a compination of opening a template vi that is reentrant or includes a reentrant subvi.  This is just a guess.  But the cloning usually refers to opening a template (clones the vi).

Paul

Paul Falkenstein
Coleman Technologies Inc.
CLA, CPI, AIA-Vision
Labview 4.0- 2013, RT, Vision, FPGA
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,547 Views)

Hi there,

I'm using LabVIEW 8.01 right now and after modifying a reentrant vi (amoung others) and then hitting "Save all", I got this "Reentrant data space could not be cloned!!" popup. I hit the "Save all" again and no popup appeared. Any ideas why the popup appeared? I have a nasty feeling it will re-appear at some stage.

-Martin

Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,282 Views)
Hi Martin,

It seems that this problem is an issue that comes up with opening templates from a different version of LabVIEW. Have you used any other LabVIEW versions in developing this reentrant vi? You may need to compile your vi in your current version. Have you had any other issues with these clones?

Also, in the future, it is easier to answer and keep track of your questions if you post them in a new forum post rather than on the end of an old post.

Regards,
Stephen S.
National Instruments
Applications Engineering
Message 6 of 8
(3,234 Views)

Stephen

Even after compiling in same version also i am getting the prompt " Reentrant data space could not be cloned" And LabVIEW getting closed automatically after that message.

What else could be the issue? 

Regards,

Guna

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,943 Views)

Hi Srinivas,

What version of LabVIEW are you using? It is also possible that this is a bug that has been fixed in later versions of LabVIEW. Let me know the version number, and I will look into if this is a known issue.

Regards,

Stephen S.

National Instruments
Applications Engineering
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,922 Views)