LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reconstruction of signals from uController

Hi,
I am trying to sense voltage and current (determined to be sinusoidal) from a load using appropriate sensors. this information is passed to a PIC. I am trying to reconstruct these signals on LabVIEW. I am able to perform the appropriate A/D conversion on the PIC but I do not know how to receive this information and perfectly reconstruct the wave forms on LabVIEW. I am using RS232 to interface with the PIC and LabVIEW. I am familiar with the VISA VIs that allow for instrument communication.
Any help on this will be greatly appreciated.
thanks,
Sairaj.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,228 Views)
i done something like your long time ago, i can't sent the data as the pic read it from A/D converters, i needed to transform it to an char array or a string.

i was using a 8bit A/D, then i convert an FF from it to an "255" string. i needed to put a token before this string because i was controlling two signals, then i received something like this "A120B056A125B60..." a continuos streaming data. Looking for the rigth token i made the conversions to unit values (ºC & RPM) in LabView...
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,205 Views)
hi,
thank you very much for your reply.
I sort of understand what you mean .. I have covered most of the basics.. but getting the waveform to plot the data at the correct rate (in real time) seems to be my biggest issue.. do you have a snapshot of your block diagram that I could look at?
thanks again,
Sairaj
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,196 Views)