LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

real time sound by TCP

Hi guys, I am trying to build an application to send real time voice (captured through a microphone) by TCP to another PC to be played there. So i made two VIs in LabVIEW, one for sound input running on the server and one for sound output running on another PC as client. But when i run the two VIs i get the following error

"Error 4823 occurred at Sound Input Read (DBL).vi->sound IO with TCP Server.vi 
Possible reason(s): LabVIEW:  (Hex 0x12D7) You cannot perform this operation without an active task. Ensure that a task is active and try again. An input task might stop running if the input buffer overflows. Overflow occurs when the data is not read fast enough."

Help required with this application. Thanks. Regards.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,702 Views)

If you look at the description of the error you will see that the problem is that "The task is not running". This comes from Sound Input Read, so the problem is that the input task has stopped. The reason for that is that the buffer was filled because the VI was not reading it fast enough. Ultimately the reason for this is that the modification the user made to the VI made the write task write far more data (and therefore take far more time) than the read task on each iteration. The read task can't keep up because it has to wait for the write task to finish writing before it can read more data.

The workaround for this would be to open the 'Sound Input Read' VI from LabVIEW 8.2.1 or 8.5 and directing the call library path to the lvsound2.dll from LabVIEW 8.0.1 will allow the code to run without errors.

Also Have a look at this and this discussion.

Message Edited by Shreyas on 02-22-2010 10:43 AM
Shreyas Hebbare
Shreyas Technologies
India
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,669 Views)