(832 Views)

Re-install Windows.

- tbob

Inventor of the WORM Global
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 43
(818 Views)

ok now funny thing is i followed your steps, still same message

now what? so far you told me to reinstall windows, did that, still the same problem and issue, another way to solve this?

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 43
(807 Views)

Is this a PXI RT Target?  The following two KnowledgeBase articles may be helpful.

Diagnosing Hard Drive Failures for PXI and VXI
http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/E15AAB42FD3B625E86257111005E3CFF?OpenDocument

Why Am I Unable to Format My PXI-RT Controller from a Desktop PC Utility USB Drive?
http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/21B9C3C367941A2B862575FA004E3ED7?OpenDocument

Best,

Chris LS

National Instruments
Applications Engineer

Visit ni.com/gettingstarted for step-by-step help in setting up your system.
0 Kudos
Message 24 of 43
(793 Views)

both the computers that i am using, mother and target are both desktops, again, on the target computer it said gave that error message that is described in the previous entries of the posts

i reformatted the hard drive because tbob told me too. so what are my options now i am really desperate!

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 43
(790 Views)

Are you trying to install the LabVIEW Real Time O/S to this PC?  Where do you see this corrup disk error?  How are you formatting the disk at the moment?

Best,

Chris LS

National Instruments
Applications Engineer

Visit ni.com/gettingstarted for step-by-step help in setting up your system.
0 Kudos
Message 26 of 43
(778 Views)

On which computer are you getting the error booting from hard disk message.  This message can only have three causes:  corrupt software (fixed by re-install - this evidently is not the case), a bad hard drive (you probably could not even reinstall anything if the hard drive is bad), or a bad motherboard.  Is the problem on your RT system or your development system?  Which RT O/S are you using.  Which windows development O/S are you using?

- tbob

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 43
(774 Views)

@CSmitty wrote:

Are you trying to install the LabVIEW Real Time O/S to this PC?  Where do you see this corrup disk error?  How are you formatting the disk at the moment?

Best,

Chris LS

i am trying to only install using the USB create, i am seeing this message on the target computer, i am using the usb to format using the usbcreate exe thing

0 Kudos
Message 28 of 43
(769 Views)

@tbob wrote:

On which computer are you getting the error booting from hard disk message.  This message can only have three causes:  corrupt software (fixed by re-install - this evidently is not the case), a bad hard drive (you probably could not even reinstall anything if the hard drive is bad), or a bad motherboard.  Is the problem on your RT system or your development system?  Which RT O/S are you using.  Which windows development O/S are you using?

i am getting the error on the TARGET computer, the problem in on my RT dedicated computer, i am using 9.0 RT OS, windows development..hmm..XP?

0 Kudos
Message 29 of 43
(765 Views)

What is USB Create?  Does that re-install the real time operating system on the target computer? 

- tbob

0 Kudos
Message 30 of 43
(763 Views)