From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

real time fsk demodulation with PXI-5600

I have a hardware transmitter with generates an 2-fsk signal with a data rate of 1kbps. I would like to acquire data through the PXI-5600 and PXI-5620 to be able to make ST-DFT real time or even not in real-time. I created a labview program to acquire raw data from the PXI-5600 and to transfer them to a file. Furthermore I set the acquisition parameter in such a way that i can afterwards perform ST-DFT with certain spectral characteristic. For example channel frequency 915 MHz, channel BW of 50 kHz and resolution of the DFT of 500 Hz and say 2 ms time sweep with 10 points in time. Now the problem i face is that every real second i should receive 1000 bits but the for-loop i use for the acquisition is very slow (more or less ten times slower) even if i save data on the file only when i exit the for-loop. Is there any way to make a real time acquisition of data?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,326 Views)
I am not familiar with the PXI-5600, but if you create a loop that just reads the 5600 and stores the data in a queue, it should run fast enough to keep up with any DAQ device, and should be able to take 1000 readings per second.  If you use express vi's, that may slow things down.  You may have to use lower level vi's.  In a second parallel loop, read the queue to process the data.  This should speed things up.  Be sure to put some time delay (10mS) in each loop to allow the CPU to perform other functions.
- tbob

Inventor of the WORM Global
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,322 Views)