LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

real time frame extracting and processing

hello,

I'm working on getting data from interference images in real time manner. I have made a vi that gives me the information i need from multiple frames from recorded AVI video file. What I need now is to do the same, but with one difference - instead of processing  AVI video file, I need to do it in real time. I have a CCD camera that captures the real time image 100 frames per sec (i am able to change that if needed). I was wondering, is there a way to extract those frames and do the processing i need on each frame in real life? 

thank you,

Lanna.  

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,802 Views)

Yes, with the Vision Development Module (for processing) and Vision Acquisition Software (for interfacing with your camera).  Do you know if your Camera is supported by IMAQ or IMAQdx?

Images tend to be somewhat large (640 x 480 pixels takes 307,200 bytes if an 8-bit gray-scale image), and you want to process them at the rate of 100/sec, or 10 msec per image (which is possibly do-able, depending on what you want to do).

Do you have experience with LabVIEW's IMAQ software?  There are some examples, and there are also some written material (not all that much, however).  There is also a Machine Vision Forum (look under Hardware), where I'm sure more experts in Vision hang out ...

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,768 Views)