From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

real time clock display on labview

Solved!
Go to solution

hey guy , im doing a project on labview that i want to just make prettier for the lecturer

is there a way to add a clock to the front panel that will tell the time , ideally in h:m:s format

all help welcome 

thanks 

kevinSmiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(8,377 Views)

This is a VERY basic question.  I realize you're new to LabVIEW but please do even just a little research before falling back on a forum to get answers. Smiley Wink  

Drop a time stamp indicator down and wire the Get Date/Time VI to it.  That's it.  If you don't want to see the date right-click and go to the Display Format properties.  You can also resize and color it to make it pretty.  Have fun.

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(8,359 Views)

Add a "Get Date/Time in Seconds" function from the functions pallete along with any neccesary format modifiers (see attached).

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(8,352 Views)

Hi Kevin,

Adding to the great answers above: If you wish to create an analog clock face for your front panel you can work through the following example code:
https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-7952

It is also noteworthy that within the LabVIEW community "Real Time" usually refers to a deterministic operating system (RTOS) or code running on an RTOS. More information can be found below
http://www.ni.com/white-paper/3938/en/

Tim, CLD, CTD
National Instruments (UK & Ireland)
Solution
Accepted by topic author kevinbarry92

Pretty cool Tim.  Here's an old one I had floating around that has a neat wooden face and the code is really simple.   It's in LV10.

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
Message 5 of 7
(8,283 Views)

Oh boy does this take me back.  Time to post one of my first LabVIEW programs. Clock Program

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(8,257 Views)

wooden clock looks awesomem, thanks thats exactly the kind of stuff i was looki ng for , thanks guys

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(8,209 Views)