LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reading temperature with NI DAQPad-6016

Hello everyone. I am doing a project in which I have to measure and write the temperature from to diferent places with thermistors. I am using as software LabView 7.1 and as hardware a data aquisition system NI DAQPad-6016.

The thermistors that I am using can measure temperatures from 0 to 100ºC and they are PTC tipe.

I have done the v.i for my project and I can measure and write the temperatures, however the values which it apears in the file are negative temperatures, and I know that the temperature in those two difrent places are between 5 and 20ºC.

Since I am a Labview Beginner I would like to ask the following questions:

1 - When I choose the thermistors as the equipemnt which is connected with the NI DAQPad-6016, it apears two tipes of Thermistors: iex thermistor or vex thermistor. what is the diference between them and which should I choose?

2 - Despite that, I have to write values for the A, B and C constants. Do you know how can I calculate them?

3 - And what is iex value that it ask for?

4 - finally but not least I have also the Labview 8.2 student edition. Should I be using this one in steed the labview 7.1?

I hope that you can help me.

Best regards

Raquel
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,245 Views)
Hi,
You can update a VI from LabVIEW 7.1 to LabVIEW  8.2 without any problems.
The other questions who asked are relative to your Thermistor, you should find
the specifications of it and the way to use it (Voltage exitation vex, etc).

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,214 Views)