From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reading soundcard line in port

Hi

I want to read data from Line In port of my PC's soundcard, but I don't know how?

I have read data from Mic In port of the soundcard by the "Sound Input VIs".Untitled.png

but when I disconnect the input signal from Mic and connect it to Line In, I don't have any data. Is there any other VI for this application?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,240 Views)

I solved the problem, We can choose between Mic and Line In by changing the device ID. But I have another problem, I want to read both Line In and Mic in simoltaneously. I try to read both of channels by following code.

Untitled.png

But one of sound inputs configuration makes error and can't open the device. How can I read them simoltaneously?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,215 Views)

Does your operating system allow both devices to be used simultaneously? LabVIEW does not control the sound devices directly but through the OS. If there is only one A/D converter, then it may only be possible to use one input at a time.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,193 Views)