LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reading files being written parallely

I have a test code which writes a log file as and when every event occurs during the test. There are instances when the test execution awaits a user input. Now I have created a labview program to run parallely to control the user input or to automate the input -provided with control of an electromechanical jig. It looks for certein strings in the log file, refers to a lookup table and does the appropriate action.

The problem!!!
 the log file is being written continuously, and after the first required string has been read, the program stops or it starts from the begining....how do i make the labview program wait, till the next string instance appears in the log file?

or in other words, how to make the labview program wait untill the next instance it is looking for appears on the log file.

Please help out here.. shall be obliged

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,993 Views)

Order execution in labview is best controled by one of two methods, data flow (error wires are a good idea for controling flow) and state machines (or other architectures similar to the state machine).  Labview is parallel in nature and it is up to the programmer to control the flow of execution.  posting code might help others help you fix your code.

Paul

Paul Falkenstein
Coleman Technologies Inc.
CLA, CPI, AIA-Vision
Labview 4.0- 2013, RT, Vision, FPGA
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,990 Views)