LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

read text file display in tabular format

Can anyone give me an example how to read the text file and display the data in tabular format on front panel. right now i could able to read data from text file using Function called Read from Spreadsheet.vi and the data of text file i had displayed in Waveformgraph.now i also need the data to be shown in tabular format..

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,256 Views)

This might sound overly simplistic but did you consider using the read from spreadsheet (STRING) polymorphic instance?

!1.png

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,248 Views)

Thanks a lot i just confused and didnt find the table control in front panel.Now i got what i need.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,209 Views)

The attached file is the format of my text file. Using the attached VI I could get the total content of the text file into table.Now i'm trying to get the same into waveform graph but it didnt work can you please tell me how to do this..

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,189 Views)

Use the Fract/Exp String To Number function to convert your table data into numbers.  You can then wire the resulting array into your graph.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,179 Views)

my text file data is already in numeric format then do i really need this convrsion function..

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,167 Views)

@abhishek.d wrote:

my text file data is already in numeric format then do i really need this convrsion function..

No, your text file contains text  that text might be "1.000" but that is a string of characters.  A number is a different thing entirely and programmong languages know to treat "1.000" differently than the number 1.  so you need to use the conversion function to create numbers out of text consisting of charaters that represent digits.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,152 Views)
You wouldn't need another conversion if you didn't want to display the file contents in a 2D string array. Instead of a table, you could use a 2D numeric array.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,145 Views)