cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

read sensors

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I'm setting up an automated gas detection system. Therfore I need to get the data from two Advanced Gasmitter from the Company Sensors Europe GmbH. type: S-AGM Plus 1032.

My Problem is that I don't know how to get the Information from these Sensors into my Labview Program.

I hope you can help me. (maybe someone already got a prefinished Sub-VI)

Yours Scherni

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,201 Views)
Hi Scherny, There is the DAQmx Getting Started and the LabVIEW tutorials.You can also look at examples shipped with Labview.You'll want to look at those related to DAQmx analog input.You will be acquiring all measurements at the same time with a single DAQmx Read or DAQ Assistant. Hope this helps.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks as kudos only:)
Message 2 of 4
(2,197 Views)

Thanks for your answer.

But does that mean that I need a special data aquisition card from NI or can I connect the Sensor via USB directly to the computer?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,192 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Scherni
Hi Scherny, You can simulate DAQ devices in labview.There are I/O (input/output) devices for PC. They have analog and digital inputs and outputs. Look up LabJack, National Instruments USB-6008 and dozen other types of commercial USB I/O boxes.Obviously, which approach to choose depends on your timing, budget etc:-
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks as kudos only:)
Message 4 of 4
(2,182 Views)