LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

read jpg files and stop programatically

Hello,

I would like to have my program stop reading the jpg files in a folder programatically. These pictures are formatted similar to a movie, to correspond to a graph. The graphical output will stop programatically but the jpg files continue to be read and outputted. In this situation, the graph will stop but the "movie" will continue. I would like them to both stop at the same time and the last jpg file read at the time when the stop button is pressed to be display. If the program is stopped halfway through the data, the graph will display half the data and the "movie" will also stop halfway through the jpg files. This is similar to pressing the pause button on your VCR or DVD player. I've tried several things an
d none have been successful. Thank you.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,200 Views)
Instead of putting a For loop around your code to display your "movie" you should put a While loop around it. Wire up its condition terminal just like the one for the graph, except use a local vaiable of the stop button. This should make your movie stop about when the graph does. Unfortunatly this won't act quite like a pause button, you won't be able to resart where you left off. It could be done though, you'd just need a bit more coding in both loops.

Good luck

Brian
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,200 Views)