LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

read f32 files

Try again to attach your file, maybe using a different browser. Maybe change the extension.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 20
(1,087 Views)

blockdiag.png

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 20
(1,069 Views)

Pretty much as can be seen on this picture (I do not read the entire file in one go, that is the difference) :

blockdiag.png

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 20
(1,069 Views)

I also tried to read a spreadsheet instead of a F32 (but I'd rather have it as a F32), but somehow I do not know how to change it in labview ... error below, same code place

read_spreadhseet_error.png

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 20
(1,066 Views)

Post your data file, those pictures do not really help.  If you can not figure out a way to zip it, change it to .txt or something else then create a simple VI using Read From Binary File to read the file into a string indicator.  Set the string indicator to hex display, copy and paste several lines of the hex data into a reply here.  I have stared at enough binary data that I wager I could look at it and tell you the format and how to read it.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 20
(1,063 Views)

Well, that's quite different. Did you check the values before jamming them into the variant at the invoke node?

How big is the file? have you tried setting the size to -1?

Please make an atomic little VI that only tests the file IO. No need to drag along all that extra code for now. Then please attach the actual VI and datafile in a zip file (use a different browser if you have problems!).

Images never tell the full story. For example we cannot tell if the orange diagram constant is really SGL or something else. We need the VI!

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 20
(1,060 Views)
Spoiler

Here you go, sound file in zip format attached, I changed browser indeed thanks for the tip. I'll try to make a mini VI I-O as you suggested, thanks for your support!

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 20
(1,049 Views)

Seems to work just fine....

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 20
(1,043 Views)

Agreed, strange. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 20
(1,033 Views)

@gaelle_c wrote: