From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

read cell value from Excel for multiple files

Solved!
Go to solution

Thank you for everyone's help and comments.

I reworked the error wires for the "close reference" functions. The program output still isn't correct. By running in highlight execution mode I can see that the correct file is going into the Invoke Node "Workbooks/open".   But out of that node there's an error that reads "ERR -2146827284". I can't find information on this error code.  I would really appreciate additional help. Thank you again.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 23
(1,208 Views)

That error covers a number of error in the Excel Application interface.  In this case I think it is a 'File Not Found' Error.  The Filename string input to the 'Workbooks/Open invoke node must include the path to the files.  Add a Build path and path to string just before the input to Filename

Ken

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 23
(1,203 Views)
Solution
Accepted by LMM

1.The vi expects the file path..you have wired just the file name.

2.As previously mentioned you have closed the workbook refnum early before coming to second iteration.

3.I dont see any use of while loop there.

Attached the modified vi

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 23
(1,202 Views)

Nijams, thank you for your message.

I am unable to open the file you posted. I'm usng LabView 8.6 and I'm getting the error that your .vi is a newer version 9.0.  Is there a way that the file can be downconverted so I am able to read it? Thank you again.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 23
(1,194 Views)

I was able to kluge together this program that seems to be working ok. I think it will work for my purposes. Thanks a lot for all the help.

Nijams if it might be possible to convert the program you posted on 8-17 from LabView 9.0 to 8.6 I'd greatly appreciate it so I might access it and study your solution.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 23
(1,178 Views)

Hi LMM,

You can also try posting to the forum linked below to get a VI converted.

Version Conversion
http://forums.ni.com/t5/Version-Conversion/bd-p/VersionConversion

Tim O

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 23
(1,168 Views)

Thank you Tim O. I just posted to the forum you suggested.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 23
(1,161 Views)

Unfortunately i was not able to down convert.I have attached the snippet 

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 23
(1,148 Views)

Nijams, thank you for your message. Your VI was converted at this site:

http://forums.ni.com/t5/Version-Conversion/Down-convert-from-LabView-9-0-to-8-6/m-p/2129848

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 23
(1,136 Views)

hi is it possible to read the excel next ,next.....cell values automatically 

thanks in Advance

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 23
(1,080 Views)