From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

read UDP data from a server on which labview server code cannot be run

Solved!
Go to solution

Hey i have fair practice on labview fpga but i am new to labview communication protocol side.We have an automated weather system whose sensors are connected to a MCU which is further connected to a server over ethernet. By connecting my laptop via LAN to network switch,i can get access to  incoming UDP data packets directly from MCU as there is no way i can get access to server due to system restrictions. I want to make a Labview GUI in which the UDP data packets containing sensor data arrive and display all the measurements but all the examples i studied require labview code to be run on both server and client PC which is not possible for me.kindly someone help i am really confused on this topic and have not been able to make a single vi due to these questions in my mind

regards

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,796 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mrsnaveed

Examples need to show both ends of the communication.  If you don't need the sending end, then just pay attention to the receiving end in the example.  Understand how the data that is coming in from your remote devices are structured,  receive that data, and parse it out to do whatever you want with it.

Message 2 of 2
(1,793 Views)