From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

read NET Dictionary

I am having a problem reading a dictionary NET objects value in labview.  I get a ref returned from the method that executes to list the keys or the values, but I cannot actually read the vlaues of the values or the values of the keys.  The key of the dictionary is a string and value is an object in NET.  When I connect a NET to Labview Variant VI to it, it only gives me a single number out when there are supposed to be an array of strings.  Anybody know this trick?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,578 Views)

It would help if you posted some code.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,568 Views)

Unless you have an object that returns a fully typed dictionary you won't be able to access this in LabVIEW with the .Net Nodes. A .Net Dictionary often is using templates even when subclassed and the LabVIEW .Net interface does not support template object instantiation.

But show us some code including preferable a small section of .Net C# code that accesses your object. Then we can get more specific as to if this is a template class or if there is something else causing you troubles.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,551 Views)