LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

re-trigger asynchronous sub vi

I have created a vi that allows me to view data in an XY graph. I would like to use this as a sub-vi with which the main vi can feed the sub-vi with new data and execute one of a number of events in the sub-vi.

I need to load my data processing sub-vi into a panel and be able to pass data to it as and when the main vi generates it. The sub-vi should then execute one of several options in the background, leaving the main vi to get on with other stuff.

I am able to load the sub-vi asynchronously, but I am not able to send data to the sub-vi on a user defined, recurring basis.

There seems to be a swamp of information out there about vi-servers+queues, user-events as well as other seemingly appropriate options. Can anyone provide a pearl of wisdom and point me in the right direction?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,838 Views)

OK, I'm going to drop another plug for the excellant job NI did with documenting the example project templates.  This sounds like a good fit for a QMH you can access the detailed help from the create project wizard by clicking the More Information link or just click the link in this response- they go to the same page

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,829 Views)