LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

random 200141 and 200019 error messages -

Hi,

I have a new problem with an old code which is a random failing mid-run stating error 200141 or 200019. The code (in LabView 8.2) calculates engine speed from the pulses of an encoder, and takes pressure readings at each encoder point, with PCI-6143 board and SCB-68 connector block. A few weeks ago this would run fine for 10 minutes plus but has recently started coming up with these error codes mid run more and more frequently. The error messages seem to be related to too samples being processed with not enough time to do so - but does not occur with any relation to the frequency of acquisitions (engine speed), but to occur randomly. I have watched the CPU in task manager as the program runs, but it only uses about 2% of CPU (except for the start which uses about 10%).

Because of the random nature of these errors, and the fact that this program used to work ok (at even higher acquisition rates), I can only think that there must be something wrong with the operating system which is limiting the access of the program to CPU - perhaps a virus that my antivirus software has not picked up. I have already tried re-installing LabView and DAQmax, but to no avail. Does anyone have any ideas as to what else may be causing this - a fault with the encoder perhaps? Or how I would be able to check this? - I am a bit unenthusiastic about wiping and re-installing the whole operating system, especially if it may not help, but I cannot think of any other options at the moment.

Any help or suggestions would be most appreciated.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,638 Views)

The first thing we need to see to help is a screen image of the errors, the error numbers are too vague, in fact LabVIEW is telling me that 200141 is undefined, so we need to see the message associated with it. If "nothing" has changed in your program (and in any Measurement and Automation Explorer,MAX, settings) then we can start looking at other, OS or hardware possiblities. But we will need, at a minimum, screen images, in .png or .jpg format NOT .bmp

Putnam
Certified LabVIEW Developer

Senior Test Engineer North Shore Technology, Inc.
Currently using LV 2012-LabVIEW 2018, RT8.5

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,629 Views)

Thankyou for such a quick response, print screens of the error messages are attached. The sections of code identified by labview when error 200019 comes up is circled in red in the printscreen of the top part of the code, and error 200141 circled in the printscreen of the middle part of the code. Printscreens of the bottom part of the code, and of the frequency task (used to calculate the engine speed) are also included for reference.

Thanks,

Henry

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,623 Views)

printscreens of code and task attached.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,622 Views)

Hi Henry,

Error -200019 is a hardware error that occurs if two clock edges occur too quickly.  For example, the 6143 has a maximum clock rate of 250 kHz.  As you increase the sample clock rate higher than 250 kHz, you would eventually see this error message.

Assuming your external clock rate is indeed under 250 kHz, the most likely cause of this error would be noise on your input line causing multiple clock edges to be picked up by the board in quick succession during a single transition.  The likely remedy would be to use an external Schmitt Trigger.  I should also point out that later generations of DAQ hardware have digital filtering available on the PFI lines that could also be used to solve the problem--unfortunately the feature is not present on the 6143.

Error -200141 is also a hardware error, indicating that the data is overwritten on the board before it can be transferred to your computer.

What is the rate that you are trying to sample your counter?  It's possible that noise on the clock line could cause this problem as well, especially if the behavior seems to occur randomly.  The other possibility is that your external sample clock is too fast, and a slight delay in the data transfer could cause the value that was previously sampled to be overwritten.  This is a fairly common error for high rate counter measurements on hardware released before on-board FIFOs were added for counters.  For example, X Series and 2nd Generation cDAQ both have on-board counter FIFOs.

To summarize, it sounds like you probably need external conditioning to prevent duplicate edges from being detected by the DAQ board.

Best Regards,

John Passiak
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,581 Views)

Hi Henry,

John is right. And I believe error 200019 can also happen due to overflow in the buffer. I have read it somewhere in one of the NI forums. So if Henry's suggestion doesn't work out, try increasing the buffer size too. 

Hi John,

Correct me if my assumption was wrong.

Cheers,

Satish

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,422 Views)