LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

radio buttons for front end

Solved!
Go to solution

Ok so Im new to LabView and I have been trying to create a user interface for multiple calibration processes.  I was trying to use radio buttons so that the system would be selected (only two options) and depending on which one was selected the resulting calibration procedures that would system would be able to be selected while the other options were greyed out and disabled.  I got the program so that the first selection process would work but if you click on the non-default case it automatically goes to the default selection. Any help would be appreciated

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,364 Views)

It appears that the issue is you have the "Default" case set to SDS1 so in the events that should not call either case, it calls the SDS1 case. If you remove default for the SDS1 case and add another empty case and set it as default, it should work.

Message 2 of 6
(2,349 Views)

You did not include your typedefs.

The output going to the case selector is not wired in all cases and the output tunnel is "use default if unwired". Fix that.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,345 Views)

Wow that was fast thanks for the help...

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,341 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author LostNuker

I think what you really want is to set the properties inside the safety system event. See attached.

Also note that it is a waste to duplicate elements (e.g. property nodes and diagram constants) into all cases of a case structure. Whatever is in all cases belongs outside the case structure. Only one instance needed.

Download All
Message 5 of 6
(2,335 Views)

Thanks for the help...no i just have to get it to call and load the selected vi's

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,321 Views)