From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"you have connected two terminals of different type" issue

Hello,

I am facing an issue, I hope there is a solution.

I acquieres datas from a pressure sensor via the DAQ assistant.

These datas are of the data type "dynamic data". Untill now, I could use the math functions with them without any problem (multipliy them by 2, etc)

problem is : now I need to use shift register and math operations between them, and I have this error :

The type of the source is Dynamic Data.
The type of the sink is double [64-bit real (~15 digit precision)].

I jointed my code, you can see the error in the bottom of the block diagram

Does somebody knows how to fix that ? Like converting the dynamic datas into numerics ? I tried the unbundle function, doesn't work

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(1,510 Views)

This is one of the reasons I HATE the DAQ Assistant and the accompanying Dynamic Data Type.  The DDT abstracts the data type and makes it extremely easy to confuse the data.  I recommend you immediately turn the DDT into either an Array of Scalers or a Waveform.  Then when you trace the broken wires, you will find that you are mixing scalers (single values) and arrays/waveforms.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 6
(1,501 Views)

Thanks !

I can convert it to array yes, but why not into scalers directly :

like this :

I can only take trial in 2 weeks, will it work you think ? with a continous acquiered signal ?

scaler.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(1,463 Views)

Is there a reason you are collecting 100 samples at 1kHz rate, but only care about 1 value?

Do one of these three things.

1.  Try 1 sample at a 10 Hz rate.

2.  Use a From Dynamic Data Type which is an express VI you can configure to give you an array.  Then average that array.

3.  Use a From Dynamic Data Type which is an express VI you can configure to give you a scalar.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(1,438 Views)

Did it for You? I have the same problem

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(628 Views)

Hi Sr_Zaragoza,

I tried to fix it. Check out the attached code. 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(580 Views)