From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"one or more dependencies..."

Hi,

I get the following message when loading a VI with the project manager:

"One or more dependencies of [project name] have changed since the project was last saved. The following new items conflict with items in this project."

It then lists a few subVI's with duplicate names from different instrument libraries.

Hopefully, my snapshot of the error screen will make it on this post.

Does anybody know how to avoid this message and get the VI's linked up properly?

I am not sure, but when I build an installer, some of the conflicting names seem not to make it into the installer.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,689 Views)
clip_image002.jpg
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,670 Views)

Hi,

Usually this conflict occurs,when LabVIEW loads an item that has the same name as an item already in the hierarchy.

close Labview(which removes the items(conflicting vi's) from the memory),then create a new project & add items to it.

Kindly let me know,if u still find any issues.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,659 Views)

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

We are in agreement as to the nature of the problem.

The VI's existed prior to creating the project.

I created the project and added the items. So, in a sense, I have already done what you suggested.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,637 Views)

Those are all .mnu files (used to show the VI icon in the palette).

I would try deleting them from the project.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,630 Views)

Hi,

Thanks.

The problem occurs even when the instrument libraries are not part of the project.

It loads them as dependencies.

I would prefer not to delete the menus from my machine.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,620 Views)