LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"log at completion" in operations meny is grey

Solved!
Go to solution

why is "log at completion" in operations meny grey (also print at completion and data logging).

I am using cRIO

thanks for answers

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(847 Views)

Hi Jock,

@JockHansen wrote:

why is "log at completion" in operations meny grey (also print at completion and data logging).

I am using cRIO

Because the cRIO doesn't support those features!?

Why do you need those features at all?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 2 of 4
(794 Views)

Hi Gerd,

Thanks for very clear answer to that 😉

I was interested because I am trying to establish a file (xl, csv or the like) saving facility for app 20 parameters with 1 sec  - so ending with a sheet with 20 columns and  row for each sec - the file starting at my command. I couldn't find out how to - and saw that option, hoping it would help me. 

For you info, I was using Labview 15-20 years ago and now trying again, without knowledgeable colleagues to ask - so I am relying a lot on help from community etc.

My starter vi looks like this (also added as a file) - and I would like to save the data that goes into the Waveform chart to also go to a file (csv, xl, txt) - would be grateful if you can show me how that can be made in a simple way

JockHansen_0-1618814116497.png

with the risk of overloading you with info - here's some general on my situation and task:

• Overall goal is to set up data acquisition and controls for a small pilot production plant. For that I have purchased:
    • cRIO-9056 with:
    • DI NI 9421 (for 4 level switches)
    • DO NI 9472 (not sure yet, but probably some solenoid valves)
    • AI NI 9203 (pressure sensors)
    • AO NI 9266 (frequency converters for pump controls)
    • Ethernet NI 9871 (to read Modbus/TCP from Endress&Hauser Liquiline 448 with 5pH-sensors and 2 O2-sensors)

I have contact with the analog and digital modules, so my focus is now the Modbus/TCP that I am struggling with. (if you can help me with that too - i would be the more thankful - or if you can point me in the right direction)

thanks,

Jørn

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(773 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author JockHansen

Hi Jock,

@JockHansen wrote:

For you info, I was using Labview 15-20 years ago and now trying again

A lot has changed in these 15-20 years, inside and outside of LabVIEW.

There are completely different OS, which you use to run LabVIEW.

There are completely different targets (like your cRIO9056), where you run LabVIEW on…

Keep in mind: your cRIO CANNOT access the harddrive of your host computer!

@JockHansen wrote:

My starter vi looks like this (also added as a file) - and I would like to save the data that goes into the Waveform chart to also go to a file (csv, xl, txt) - would be grateful if you can show me how that can be made in a simple way

The "simple way" is to use the WriteDelimitedSpreadsheet function, which creates a txt/csv file, but with some overhead.

The "better way" is to use plain file functions (Open, WriteText, Close) and to format your data using some string functions on your own (FormatIntoString, ArrayToSpreadsheetString).

You really should stay away from XLS* files on the cRIO, as there is no Excel running on these targets…

@JockHansen wrote:

Ethernet NI 9871 (to read Modbus/TCP from Endress&Hauser Liquiline 448 with 5pH-sensors and 2 O2-sensors)

I have contact with the analog and digital modules, so my focus is now the Modbus/TCP that I am struggling with.

Modbus/TCP is quite easy once you use one of those (free!) Modbus libraries available in VIPM. Basically it is just "sending a request and reading the response", which is already implemented in those libraries.

(On cRIO I tend to use my own implementation as usually you just need to send one very specific request and parse one specific response to/from such Modbus devices.)

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 4 of 4
(771 Views)