LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"find control" highlights the entire front panel

Solved!
Go to solution

I have inherited a mid-size state-machine and am in the process of documenting it. If I double click a control on the FP, it takes me right to the item in the BD.

Conversely, If I double click (or right click --> find control) in the BD, it takes me to the FP and the entire thing is highlighted / found.

The entire FP is built on tabs.

Many of the controls / indicators are hidden via property nodes.

The code currently will not run due to a large number of DAQ devices not hooked up.

Thanks for any suggestions!!

Brian L

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,217 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author brian15co

I've seen this happen when controls are grouped. Check to see if the controls are grouped and ungroup them.

As for the DAQ devices, with DAQmx you can create simulated DAQmx devices (assuming the version of DAQmx you have supports simulation of those specific devices). You can create simulated DAQmx devices in MAX.

Message 2 of 4
(2,203 Views)

Bingo.

As for the simulated DAQ's... Whenever I start the VI on my computer, the system is searching for all of the DAQmx vi's that have been placed. All the non-express vi's for the DAQ's are gray question blocks. After I have ignored 14 or so of these "find yourself" requests, an error box tells me that is is missing "daqmx.rc"

Also, Express VI's for the DAQ's will not let me see inside them

If this should be a new topic, I'll move it...

Brian

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,199 Views)

It sounds like you don't have DAQmx installed. DAQmx should be on your Device Drivers disc. You can also download DAQmx from the NI web site.

You can actually see inside of Express VIs. What you have to do is to convert them to regular VIs by right-clicking on them and select "Open Front Panel". You'll get a dialog asking whether you really want to do this. You can always revert back to the Express VI after your peeking.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,192 Views)