LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"file not found" error in VI Logger when running an imported VI Logger task

I'm having trouble getting all of my imported tasks to run in VI Logger.

I'm using VI Logger 2.0, with an SCXI-1100.  The data acquisition tasks I import run fine.  One of the VI Logger tasks I've imported runs OK, but the other one gives an error:

"Engine Error!
Error Code = 7
LabView: File not found.  The file may have been moved or deleted, or the file path might be incorrectly formatted for the OS."

If I create a new VI Logger task, the new task works OK.  And my 1st VI Logger task to be imported works OK.  So I know my setup mostly works.  But our company has never been able to figure out importing tasks very well, so I'm looking for help.

Question 1: What file is LabView looking for?  I've checked my Export path and database path, and they are identical in both the working task and the non-working task.

Question 2: Where else might I look for the difference between the 2 VI Logger tasks?  Neither task uses any weird characters in the name, both have analog input channels and calculated channels.  And I've mixed and matched the data acquisition tasks with no change (the good VI Logger task will run with either data task, the bad VI Logger task won't run with either data task), so I'm pretty sure the problem is in the VI Logger task, and not the data task.  I've also tried importing the 2nd task on its own, as a separate import function, but that gave the same error.

Thanks for the help in advance,

Jake
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,564 Views)
Hi Jake,

Are you importing these tasks from another computer or from VI logger 1.1?  I am assuming they are coming from another computer.  Can you export the "bad" task from the source computer by itself and then try to import it on this machine?  Does this error occur when you import the task or when you attempt to run it?

Maybe you could post the .nce file that contains this task so we can see if we can import it successfully.   This would rule out weather it was your installation of VI logger on that specific computer or if it was the actual task that had a problem.

Cheers,

Spex
National Instruments

To the pessimist, the glass is half empty; to the optimist, the glass is half full; to the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be has a 2x safety factor...
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,532 Views)
Hi Spex,

I can import the VI Logger task OK (from another PC running VI Logger 2.0), but I can't run the task.  I've attached the file.  The "1 channel" task runs OK.  The "x-probe" task starts, takes 1 or 2 data points, then hangs for a few seconds, then pops up the "file not found" error. The data acquisition taks run OK, so I don't think they're the problem.

This file I've attached includes 2 good data tasks ("1 channel" and xprobe"), 1 good VI Logger task ("1 channel"), and my non-working VI Logger task ("x-probe", which works fine on the PC it was exported from).

I have also tried exporting the non-working VI Logger task on its own, and it still imports OK, but still doesn't run, and gives the same error.

Thanks,

Jake
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,527 Views)
Hey Jake,

In order to get your x-probe task to run, I had to change the Output folder in the Data export settings because C:\Documents and Settings\jdabrowiak\My Documents\VI Logger Data\My VI Logger Task 1 did not exist on my computer.

I also had to change the Database path in the Advanced settings from \\RM051\VI Logger Data to \\localhost\VI Logger Data.

And, most importantly, I unchecked the Publish to HTML file check box in the Publish to Web tab - this is important because it appeared to be the only thing that differed between your x-probe task and 1 channel task.  Maybe this is the source of your "file not found" error?

After that, I was able to get the task to begin to run but I encountered a 4502 error that told me the task did not exist.

All in all, is it more troublesome to get this imported x-probe task to work than create a new task?  It seems that creating a new task with the same parameters would be easier.

I hope this helps!
- Erik
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,507 Views)

Erik,

Thanks, the "publish to HTML file" box was the problem.  I unchecked it, and now my task runs fine.  Thank you very much.

It's important to us to be able to export tasks, since these machines live on a production line, and must be able to cloned when necessary.  We could type in all 30 channels manually, but that would be much slower and much less reliable than just importing a task stored on a server.

I appreciate your help,

Jake

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,498 Views)