LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"VISA Resource Not Found" in MAX, but recognized by Windows Device Manager

I have been trying to figure out why I'm getting an error in MAX where no VISA resources are being read. I've uninstalled/reinstalled/repaired NI VISA, NI 488.2, and NI Serial as well as repaired the entirety of the LabVIEW software and nothing has worked. These were the main solutions I found on other forums, but I tried others as well like trying to change VISA system settings (After Installing 3rd Party VISA Software NI VISA No Longer Works - National Instruments), which also did not work. I attached a picture of what MAX looks like - it is not reading any device I plug in, and only shows this error if I try to open VISA settings.

I have genuinely exhausted my resources at this point, so if anyone has experienced this and used a different solution please let me know! Thanks in advance!

VISAnotfound.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(922 Views)

What device are you trying to discover?  What versions of NI-VISA, NI-488.2, and NI Serial do you have installed?

My only other thought is to try to reset the configuration data in MAX (Tools->Reset Configuration Data).  That will require a reboot.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(886 Views)

I'm mainly trying to connect to an Arduino Uno (I've downloaded LINX but can't do anything with it until I can read the VISA resource so the COM port is recognizable) as well as a B+K 9801 AC power supply and a KORAD KA3305P DC power supply, but those are less important. I have the most recent versions of all drivers downloaded which NI shows to be correct for LabVIEW 2020. I've already tried the MAX reboot as well, so that's been debunked.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(871 Views)