LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"VISA Read" doesn't read

Solved!
Go to solution

-) Yes indeed DCON is for ICP Modules. I use ICP I-7018.

What I write in hyperterminal is "$01M" then I press enter. And get a good answer.

For Labview what I did is convert $01M to hexadecimal and then get the checksum here (http://easyonlineconverter.com/converters/checksum_converter.html) and I get 2E. 

So I should convert 2E in hexadecimal to 3245(ASCII table)? 

In the manual it is written to use termination char 0x0D--> so in my example I write 13 in "termination char" block and set Enable Termination to TRUE.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 18
(1,744 Views)

If you are able to enter $01M and hit enter in Hyperterminal and it works, then you aren't sending any checksum character(s).  So remove it (them).

Look at page 73 of your manual.  It says the checksum is needed when the checksum setting is enabled.  Apparently it isn't in your case if Hyperterminal works.

End your message with \r.  Set your Visa Serial Configure to enable the termination character and be 0D (hex display) or 13 (decimal display).  Then your original VI will work.

If the checksum was enabled, then you'd send the ASCII characters "2" and "E" in the message.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 18
(1,741 Views)

It doesn't work. I have changed the .vi as it should be but it doesn't work well. My hardware is ok because I checked with hyperterminal and with a SW provided by ICP.

Maybe is my block "string to write" that doesn't send what I think i'm sending?my vimy vi

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 18
(1,734 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author yavs

You didn't but the termination character at the end of the message you are sending.

Change the "string to write" to \codes display.  Add \r ad the end of it.

For style points, in your block diagram, move the terminal for the termination character over to the left.  You have your wire running backwards.  In the image it looks more like an indicator than the control that it actually is.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 18
(1,730 Views)

OK now it works!!!

So the problem was I wasn't using "\ Codes display" in my Write string.

Now i get the answer and timeout error (but i think this is because of the "Simple error handler" block. I will get rid of it and thats all.

Thank you all for the help!!errorGood.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 18
(1,724 Views)

I'm glad to hear it.

PS:  It would be kinder if you marked the message that provided you the solution rather than your own "it worked" message.Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 18
(1,717 Views)

Your Enable Termination Char (T) boolean is set to False. This may be the reason that you are still getting a timeout expired error. Try setting it to True.

false.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 18
(1,704 Views)

You know I didn't even notice that because the weird pink color had me thinking it was pressed.

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 18
(1,691 Views)