LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"VI has error of type 1002288.The full development version of LabVIEW is required to fix the errors"

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I had created an executable in LabVIEW 8.6 on a windows XP 32 bit PC. The application uses some Vision VIs. The executable runs in most of the PCs except one. the PC is a windows 7 64bit. Initially i got the error "Labview Load error code 3: could not load front panel". I fixed this by changing the source file settings in the application builder. Now i am getting the error "VI has error of type 1002288.The full development version of LabVIEW is required to fix the errors" and the exe shows a broken run button.

But if i build the exe in the same PC i get no errors and it works fine. Moreover i have tested this exe in a different PC with the same configuration, it works there. I have tried reinstalling labview in the PC the problem still persists.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,502 Views)

Hi Nitrox,

Here's a few things that could help us answer your query:

> Which version of LabVIEW are you using on PC with Win7 64bit? would like to check if there are any issues with LV2009 32bit on 64bit OS..

> Do you get the same error on the other PC with same config(Win7) when running the .exe generated using LV 8.6 on WinXP 32bit? just to make sure the problem is with OS or LV..

Rajshekar P

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,475 Views)

Hi Rajshekar.

> Which version of LabVIEW are you using on PC with Win7 64bit? would like to check if there are any issues with LV2009 32bit on 64bit OS..

- The version of Labview on the win7 64bit PC is also lv8.6 full development system.

> Do you get the same error on the other PC with same config(Win7) when running the .exe generated using LV 8.6 on WinXP 32bit? just to make sure the problem is with OS or LV..

- the same problem occured at one more PC with the same configuration. but when i tested in an another PC of the same config it worked i am not able to isolate and decide that the error is based on one particular PC config.

I have listed the environments in which application ran and how the application was put in to the PC.

I would also like you to know that i have created an installer for the exe. I am also using NI vision in my application and this is the error "An error occured loading VI 'IMAQ GetImagePixelPtr'. LabVIEW load error code 3: could not load front panel"....and rest is what i said in my previous post

1. Use the installer to install the application.

2. just copy the exe created in LV 8.6 into a PC that already has LV development system installed in it

3. The PCs might either be a blank one with no history of LV installed in them

4. The PCs might have diffrent versions of LV development systems installed in them (8.2,8.5,8.6,2009)

All PCs that have LV development system(s) installed in them, was able to run the application except the one with win7 64, where i have tried uninstalling all NI software and use only the installer to install, install LV 8.6 full development system and try runnning the exe, nothing works.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,467 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Nitrox

Hi Nitrox,

There is no official spport for LabVIEW 8.6 in Windows 7. See below link.

www.ni.com/labview/os-support/

Upgrading to LV2009 SP1 should solve your problem. We had this issue with another customer and updating to LV2009 SP1 has solved his problem, and should solve your problem too. If you have any problem after the upgrade let me know.

Regards,

Rajshekar P

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

Message 4 of 6
(3,448 Views)

Hi Raj,

I have upgraded to LV 2009, I did this after my last post and its working fine. Soory for the delay in response due to the weekend.

Thanks for your time

Mohan

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,421 Views)

Hi Mohan,

Happy to hear that your problem is solved and thanks for the update.

Regards,

Rajshekar P

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,413 Views)