LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Unbundle Refs By Name" Xnode

Maybe no one else is interested, but I'll share anyway.  This is a named unbundler for clusters; but instead of taking in a cluster value and outputting element values, it takes in a reference to a cluster and outputs references to elements.

paul_cardinale_0-1610492552816.png

Sadly, it can't handle a cluster containing a latching boolean.

"If you weren't supposed to push it, it wouldn't be a button."
Message 1 of 16
(1,820 Views)

Neat XNode. (Nothing attached though)

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 16
(1,781 Views)

Here it is.

Although I sometimes do forget to attach attachments, I did actually attach the attachment when I started the post.  But the system lost its composure while I was composing the composition and and by the time I was able to resume composing, somehow the attachment detached (did that make it an unattachment or a detachment?).

Message 3 of 16
(1,768 Views)

Just noticed a minor bug: If you delete an element that's being referenced, you'll get a runtime error (invalid reference), but what should happen is that the owning VI should break.  I should be able to get it fixed sometime tomorrow.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 16
(1,764 Views)

@paul_cardinale wrote:

Maybe no one else is interested, but I'll share anyway.  This is a named unbundler for clusters; but instead of taking in a cluster value and outputting element values, it takes in a reference to a cluster and outputs references to elements.

Alright,  now that you are pushing some buttons.....

You just went down a rabbit hole on the other side of a looking glass!  I suspect that if you access a <drink me> attribute or an [eat me] macro of a green cluster's string property you may either get bigger or smaller.

Frankly,  I was not sure what the hookah smoking Caterpillar was saying.    But, it always made me curious... and reminds me of the vanity license plate I saw in th 1980s on  a popular White Volkswagen hatchback [ML8 ML8] I had too pull over when I got the owner'sjoke because I was (ironically) laughing too hard to follow it!

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 16
(1,761 Views)

@JÞB wrote:

@paul_cardinale wrote:

Alright,  now that you are pushing some buttons.....

You just went down a rabbit hole on the other side of a looking glass!  I suspect that if you access a <drink me> attribute or an [eat me] macro of a green cluster's string property you may either get bigger or smaller.

Frankly,  I was not sure what the h****h smoking Caterpillar was saying.    But, it always made me curious... and reminds me of the vanity license plate I saw in th 1980s on  a popular White Volkswagen hatchback [ML8 ML8] I had too pull over when I got the owner'sjoke because I was (ironically) laughing too hard to follow it!

These days I only get bigger horizontally and smaller vertically.

Speaking of vanity plates, my brother once saw "3M TA3"  (which only means something when you see it in the rearview mirror).

When I tried to post this the first time, I got the error message "The message body contains h****h, which is not permitted in this community. Please remove this content before sending your post." (*'s inserted by me).

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 16
(1,744 Views)

I wired a reference to a cluster with 2 elements and no labels. Added labels. LabVIEW hangs. (AdaptToInputs.vi I think).

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 16
(1,739 Views)

I'd make the items 1 pixel higher so it fits a named bundler (without names in this example):

Unbundle reference.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 16
(1,734 Views)

wiebe@CARYA wrote:

I wired a reference to a cluster with 2 elements and no labels. Added labels. LabVIEW hangs. (AdaptToInputs.vi I think).

I couldn't get that to happen.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 16
(1,722 Views)

Oh, any Technology Assistant (III ) at the Minnesota Manufacturing & Mining company would love to have that vanity plate!

Serendipity rides again!  I did interview for that exact job title once,  but it was too GOOPy for me and I didn't want to go there.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 16
(1,716 Views)