From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Unbundle Refs By Name" Xnode

Maybe no one else is interested, but I'll share anyway.  This is a named unbundler for clusters; but instead of taking in a cluster value and outputting element values, it takes in a reference to a cluster and outputs references to elements.

paul_cardinale_0-1610492552816.png

Sadly, it can't handle a cluster containing a latching boolean.

"If you weren't supposed to push it, it wouldn't be a button."
Message 1 of 16
(1,815 Views)

Neat XNode. (Nothing attached though)

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 16
(1,776 Views)

Here it is.

Although I sometimes do forget to attach attachments, I did actually attach the attachment when I started the post.  But the system lost its composure while I was composing the composition and and by the time I was able to resume composing, somehow the attachment detached (did that make it an unattachment or a detachment?).

Message 3 of 16
(1,763 Views)

Just noticed a minor bug: If you delete an element that's being referenced, you'll get a runtime error (invalid reference), but what should happen is that the owning VI should break.  I should be able to get it fixed sometime tomorrow.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 16
(1,759 Views)

@paul_cardinale wrote:

Maybe no one else is interested, but I'll share anyway.  This is a named unbundler for clusters; but instead of taking in a cluster value and outputting element values, it takes in a reference to a cluster and outputs references to elements.

Alright,  now that you are pushing some buttons.....

You just went down a rabbit hole on the other side of a looking glass!  I suspect that if you access a <drink me> attribute or an [eat me] macro of a green cluster's string property you may either get bigger or smaller.

Frankly,  I was not sure what the hookah smoking Caterpillar was saying.    But, it always made me curious... and reminds me of the vanity license plate I saw in th 1980s on  a popular White Volkswagen hatchback [ML8 ML8] I had too pull over when I got the owner'sjoke because I was (ironically) laughing too hard to follow it!

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 16
(1,756 Views)

@JÞB wrote:

@paul_cardinale wrote:

Alright,  now that you are pushing some buttons.....

You just went down a rabbit hole on the other side of a looking glass!  I suspect that if you access a <drink me> attribute or an [eat me] macro of a green cluster's string property you may either get bigger or smaller.

Frankly,  I was not sure what the h****h smoking Caterpillar was saying.    But, it always made me curious... and reminds me of the vanity license plate I saw in th 1980s on  a popular White Volkswagen hatchback [ML8 ML8] I had too pull over when I got the owner'sjoke because I was (ironically) laughing too hard to follow it!

These days I only get bigger horizontally and smaller vertically.

Speaking of vanity plates, my brother once saw "3M TA3"  (which only means something when you see it in the rearview mirror).

When I tried to post this the first time, I got the error message "The message body contains h****h, which is not permitted in this community. Please remove this content before sending your post." (*'s inserted by me).

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 16
(1,739 Views)

I wired a reference to a cluster with 2 elements and no labels. Added labels. LabVIEW hangs. (AdaptToInputs.vi I think).

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 16
(1,734 Views)

I'd make the items 1 pixel higher so it fits a named bundler (without names in this example):

Unbundle reference.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 16
(1,729 Views)

wiebe@CARYA wrote:

I wired a reference to a cluster with 2 elements and no labels. Added labels. LabVIEW hangs. (AdaptToInputs.vi I think).

I couldn't get that to happen.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 16
(1,717 Views)

Oh, any Technology Assistant (III ) at the Minnesota Manufacturing & Mining company would love to have that vanity plate!

Serendipity rides again!  I did interview for that exact job title once,  but it was too GOOPy for me and I didn't want to go there.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 16
(1,711 Views)