LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"There was a problem sending the command to the program" + LabVIEW 2017 not opening properly

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I have been using LabVIEW 2017 on my Windows 7 machine for months now but suddenly I cannot load any of my VIs or projects. What I see is a popup saying "There was a problem sending the command to the program"; in task manager I can see the LabVIEW process using up the memory as usual, but it does NOT open as normal (which is different to the situation in the associated knowledge article, where it does).

From my internet search I can see examples of editing registry keys but there are quite a few LabVIEW-based ones on my PC and I'm not sure which one to edit, or even if editing registry keys is the solution!

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,211 Views)

I've encountered the same problem. I don't have any solutions or insights, just sharing the pain.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,203 Views)

When was the last time you restarted your computer? Something might have been changed do to a Windows upgrade. Do you remember changing something that caused the system to stop working (i.e. adding software)?

You could try to run a repair on LabVIEW through add\remove programs

If that does not work you may have to uninstall and reinstall LabVIEW

I would try really hard to try and see what has changed on your system since the last time you know the system was working correctly.

Tim
GHSP
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,183 Views)

Do not attempt to "fiddle with the Registry".  If you have only a single version of LabVIEW installed on your computer, the fastest (and almost surely the safest) way to fix this problem is:

• Have the LabVIEW 2017 Installation media available.
  • Completely remove all National Instruments Software by going into Control Panel, Programs and Features, National Instruments Software, and choosing Remove All.
  • Reboot.
  • Reinstall.  Only install the Modules, Toolkits, and Drivers that you really need now.  You can always add another piece later.

Bob "Been There, Done That" Schor

Message 4 of 5
(2,175 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Spock64

Thanks for the input everybody, I resolved the issue by restoring my system to a previous point. The issue seemed to have started after I had a 64-bit Thorlabs camera driver accidentally installed on my 32-bit system. 

Message 5 of 5
(2,155 Views)