LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"The source file format is invalid"

After a reboot, I am trying to open up a few LabVIEW NXG files that I had been running. They are all contained in the same project and all open up except for one, which gives me the error message: "An error occurred while trying to load "XXX.gvi". The source file format is invalid." Does anyone know how to address this? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(739 Views)

@doylelab wrote:

After a reboot, I am trying to open up a few LabVIEW NXG files that I had been running. They are all contained in the same project and all open up except for one, which gives me the error message: "An error occurred while trying to load "XXX.gvi". The source file format is invalid. Does anyone know how to address this? 

I'm guessing it became corrupt.  You'll probably have to retrieve the last version saved in your versioning software.  The irony of it all is that NI decided to make it easier on versioning software by making NXG VIs xml (text) based so that versioning software can store them in a more efficient manner, but actually what happened is that now the corruptions you can see when versioning software tries to creatively merge conflicts in your xml-based project file now apply to ALL your LabVIEW (NXG) files.

I am assuming you know that the NXG branch of LabVIEW has been pruned?

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(725 Views)