From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Start Asynchronous Call" as it should be

@Bob_Schor wrote:

@mcduff wrote:

@Hooovahh wrote:

Listen I can make all the packages we want I just think Paul has several worth highlighting and it might make more sense to have a Paul's Favorite XNodes package which has a bunch of these rather than a package for each XNode.  I wouldn't want a palette for each array function for instance.  This is a bit larger of a request but one I can still help out with.  I'd just need a list of XNodes Paul things is ready for public consumption.  I think I can find most he's posted.

If you do that, I will create fake profiles just to give multiple kudos.

mcduff

That won't be necessary -- I'm reasonably confident that enough Forum participants who can appreciate Paul's contributions will be hitting the Kudo button ...

Bob Schor

Just joking, hopefully from reading any of my responses, you  know that I am not too serious.

mcduff

0 Kudos
Message 31 of 52
(1,141 Views)

Sounds awesome...but dragging every VI I could in 2018 SP1 crashes...I tried making a new subVI and saving it, and I tried a few VIs from my palette.  Right click and browse worked fine.

Seems your other XNodes didn't attach.  Please do attach them because some of those I could see using all the time, and I'll add them to your package.

0 Kudos
Message 32 of 52
(1,132 Views)

Oops.  My last second fix in Version 2 was to correct the spelling of the menu item "Calll and Collect"; but I forgot to change it in "SelectMenu5.vi", so of course that broke the Call and Collect menu function.

Here are the fixed fixed versions.

"If you weren't supposed to push it, it wouldn't be a button."
0 Kudos
Message 33 of 52
(1,128 Views)

@Hooovahh wrote:

Sounds awesome...but dragging every VI I could in 2018 SP1 crashes...I tried making a new subVI and saving it, and I tried a few VIs from my palette.  Right click and browse worked fine.

Seems your other XNodes didn't attach.  Please do attach them because some of those I could see using all the time, and I'll add them to your package.

Those were just pictures.  If people tell me which ones they like, I'll clean them up and share them.

0 Kudos
Message 34 of 52
(1,125 Views)

All?  🙂

The ones I'd personally like are Place Column in 2D Array, String Arithmetic, and Compare to constant.  Does that need to be a double by the way or does it coerce the input to integers?

Index and Unbundle is cool but I rarely need it, and when I do there is already an XNode of it here, it probably just isn't as well polished.  I'm also not fully sure what the XControl Direction Enforement does, but I rarely make XControls anyway.  I think others would like the Method Selector but I'm not sure I'd like the change in work flow.  But really all of these are cool and worthy of the community.

Edit: Updated package with the new version.

0 Kudos
Message 35 of 52
(1,119 Views)

@paul_cardinale wrote:

Oops.  My last second fix in Version 2 was to correct the spelling of the menu item "Calll and Collect"; but I forgot to change it in "SelectMenu5.vi", so of course that broke the Call and Collect menu function.

Here are the fixed fixed versions.

I just found a subtle bug:  It won't work if a couple of the files are set to read-only (I also noticed a bit of fragile code).

Working on it.

0 Kudos
Message 36 of 52
(1,105 Views)

@Hooovahh wrote:

All?  🙂

The ones I'd personally like are Place Column in 2D Array, String Arithmetic, and Compare to constant.  Does that need to be a double by the way or does it coerce the input to integers?

Index and Unbundle is cool but I rarely need it, and when I do there is already an XNode of it here, it probably just isn't as well polished.  I'm also not fully sure what the XControl Direction Enforement does, but I rarely make XControls anyway.  I think others would like the Method Selector but I'm not sure I'd like the change in work flow.  But really all of these are cool and worthy of the community.

Edit: Updated package with the new version.

Gee, only one response.

Here they are (with a few bonus items).  Not perfect, but reasonably clean.

The XControl Direction Enforcement Xnode can be used in the Direction Change event of an XControl so that it can be forced to be always a control, or always an indicator.

Download All
Message 37 of 52
(1,070 Views)

Man there are some hot ones in here.  So yes Asynchronous Call which started this whole thread is there.  But if don't want to use that and still want the Open VI Reference Primitive checkout the Open VI Ref Options which is just a numeric constant, but options are human read able with a right click.  Do you know how many times I've had to open the help on that primitive to figure out what code is what?  Now you don't have to.

Ever wish you could just draw your own image constants?  Well now you can just use the Icon Constant, edit the icon in the normal LabVIEW Icon editor, and now you can do things like set glyphs on trees or tables, to that image constant that you can update later.

String Arithmetic took me a bit to figure out and without any error handling does weird things, but by default you can subtract "2:30" from "3:40" and the result will be "1:10".  String formatting and operation can be changed.

The only one I'm having problems with at the moment is the Compare to Constant.  If I try to build with it in the package it errors out saying it can't find files that are definitely there.  I'll keep messing with it to see if I can get it working.

Message 38 of 52
(1,063 Views)

Note that all of them can be manually placed on a palette without a problem (but I still haven't figured out why that doesn't work sometimes).

0 Kudos
Message 39 of 52
(1,045 Views)

@paul_cardinale wrote:

Note that all of them can be manually placed on a palette without a problem (but I still haven't figured out why that doesn't work sometimes).

After tons of head banging, I finally figured it out: You can't manually place an XNode on a palette if the help ability is inside a .llb.

Message 40 of 52
(1,043 Views)