LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Square LED" as a back light on the front panel.

With the "Square LED" I have created a back light for my user on the front panel, how do I get the text to show through?  How do I, in terms of Word, "Send to Back" the LED?  I want the controls, indicators and text to be visable when the LED is off or on.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,569 Views)
You can reorder controls with the "Reorder" button on your toolbar.  Just make sure the LED is selected when you choose "Move to back" or whatever else you might want to do.

Message Edited by Will.D on 12-18-2006 11:33 AM

Message 2 of 8
(3,560 Views)
Hey,

You can select Reorder button on the menu bar . Slect your LED and click on the reorder button and select "Move to back".

See the attached file to find the reorder button.

Regards
CLAD
Using Labview 5.1,6.1,7.1.8.0
Message 3 of 8
(3,550 Views)
I almost posted the same answer, but with a different file name 🙂
Message 4 of 8
(3,538 Views)
Thanks, that worked.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,534 Views)
Hi Kem,

why not change the color of the front panel (by using property nodes) instead of placing a giant indicator?
Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,518 Views)

GerdW

Because I have different sections of the panel that relate to different steps in the code, this calls the attention of the user to the required step and thus response.

Ken (Kem)

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,496 Views)
Placing too many overlapping objects on the front panel can cause performance issues, so watch out for that.

I would also recommend to use simple controls. Don't use the fancy "square LED" with all its shading etc. but use the plain "Flat Square Button" from the Classic palette instead. Just color it as desired. 🙂
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,489 Views)