From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Sinusoidal Noise" coming out of LabVIEW

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I am new to LabVIEW and I am just doing a simple case where I am just trying to measure the output from my NI-USB-4431 but I am getting this weird "Noise" (I am not sure what to call it) that is always being sent out from the DAQ, every time exactly the same.

If someone knows what is possibly creating this weird sinusoidal pattern in my output that would be appreciated.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,519 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ald43

That doesn't really look like noise to me.  At least not in a typical random, spiky way.  At first I would have thought maybe you were picking up some 60 Hz noise from some electrical source.  But that seems to be a pretty clean higher frequency sine wave laying on top of your sine wave.

By counting the smaller peaks, it looks to be about 20 Hz.  Would that value mean anything to you?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,511 Views)

Are you using a simulated device?  Check in MAX.  If the device shows up as a yellow icon, it's simulated.

Capture.PNG

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,476 Views)

I think a simulated device only puts out a single frequency sine wave.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,463 Views)