From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Obj Config Missing" (0xBFF6211D) & "Object is Running" (0xBFF62007) CAN ERRORS

I am using two NI USB-8473's (1-Port, High-Speed CAN, USB Interface), each controlling a different pump. 

http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/en/nid/203384

I am getting two different errors that may or may not be related and need some suggestions.

I have a VI (Attached, called "2 Pumps.vi") that is reading each Pump's Can Message and displaying its speed & current. Basically the VI has two identical loops, one for each pump. When I initially open LabVIEW and then run the VI, I get this error:"NI-CAN: (Hex 0xBFF6211D) Network Interface or CAN Object configuration is missing. All attributes of an object are deleted when the object is closed..."  I then click "Stop" and try to "Run" the program again and get a different error: "NI-CAN: (Hex 0xBFF62007) you attempted to set a configuration attribute while the object is running..." I then click "Continue" and the same error pops back up (for the other pump) and I click "Continue" again. Then the program runs perfectly fine! I have to follow this procedure every time I open the program???

I noticed that removing one pump from the VI (Attached, called "1 Pump.vi") removes the initial error (Hex 0xBFF6211D)? Does this mean I am doing something wrong with configuring the two separate USB-8473's? Are they conflicting? However removing one pump did not stop the second error (Hex 0xBFF62007). I am assuming the second error has something to do with the program being "Aborted" before the ncCLose.vi is reached? Any suggestions in fixing these errors?

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,221 Views)

The second error (Hex 0xBFF62007) with the 1 Pump.vi is occuring because the object is still running because the CAN object handle was not properly closed. We can fix this by utilizing the ncAction.vi CAN function and setting the Opcode to 'Reset'. This will ensure that the 8473 is not running and ready to be used. I have attached a modifed version of your 1 Pump.vi that implements this. I also used the reference from this KB in order to remove the error when we reset the object handle.

This is also resolve the initial error that you were receiving. I have also implemented some error handling in the code to help with future troubleshooting. I hope that this helps!

dK
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,116 Views)