From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Not Or" (NOR) Function

Solved!
Go to solution

Im relatively new to LabView and am trying to use the "Not Or" function to determine when Y > X > -Y, but when wiring the Less Than/Greater Than outputs to the "Not Or" inputs it gives me a "You have connected two terminals of different types."  From the context help descriptions the "Less Than" and "Greater Than" functions output true/false, which is what the "Not Or" function requires for inputs.  Is there a setting I have to change within the "Not Or" to get it to work how I want it, or is there something that could work better in this application?  Seems like there should be a Y > X > -Y, but I cant find it.  

Attached is a .jpg of the layout and wiring.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,186 Views)

The function you really want is the "In Range and Coerce" which is found in the comparison palette.  Also, instead of multiplying by -1, there is a "Negate" function in the numeric palette.

Your screen shot has me baffled as well.  My only guess is that you didn't wire the output of the greater than to the NOR, instead used the X input.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 4
(2,185 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Peter.Hathaway

Are you only reading 1 value from the data file?  I'm guessing so by the rest of your code.  You should probably insert a Convert From Dynamic Data node to make it a scaler double immediately after reading from the file.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 3 of 4
(2,178 Views)

Thank you, the "Convert from Dynamic Data" was the missing link.  I was having the same issue when I initially set it up using the "In Range and Coerce".  And thanks for the tip on using "Negate", did I mention I'm new at this?...

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,156 Views)