From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Memory Is Full" Error When Saving to Previous Version

All,

When I attempt to save a project written in LV2017 to LV2015, I get this error message:

LV Save to Previous Version Fail Message.PNG

I have hundreds of gigs of free space on the hard drive where I am trying to install, and I have full read/write access.

Has anyone seen this issue before?  Anyone found a workaround?  Thanks.

Forbes Black
Lapsed CLAD, LV 5 - LV 2022 (Yeah, I'm that old...)
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,601 Views)

@diarmaede wrote:

Has anyone seen this issue before?  Anyone found a workaround?  Thanks.

Nope.  Post the VI, let one of us try to "Save for Previous" and see if we have the same problem (and can try to figure it out).  A more likely explanation is that your Code contains something that isn't present in LabVIEW 2015 and the "Save for Previous" routine is failing (but we can't tell without seeing the code).

Bob Schor

Message 2 of 6
(2,562 Views)

"Post the VI..."  I wish I could, but it is proprietary.  You may well be correct about the possibility that the code contains elements that are not compatible with LV2015.

Forbes Black
Lapsed CLAD, LV 5 - LV 2022 (Yeah, I'm that old...)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,554 Views)

If it contains Channel Wires, they were officially introduced in LabVIEW 2016 ...

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,528 Views)

Having HD space has nothing to do with memory.

Memory will be limited either by RAM or by the 32-bit process.  If you open up task manager after loading this in 2017, how much memory is being used by LV?

I'd expect there will be a second buffer that will be used to backsave at least parts of the application at a time.  So, this will likely grow.  

Are you able to save parts of the application for 2015 at a time?

Message 5 of 6
(2,516 Views)

I second Natasftw in this.

This is most probably caused due to a memory limitation issue. 

Make sure you are not running any code and have all VI's closed.

Alternatively I would suggest trying to do this save in a 64-bit version. Should this not work you could also try to do the save with the VI setting "Seperate Compiled Code From Source File" on top of the 64-bit save. (Haven't tried it so it might not work) 

Hope it helps!

Kind regards,

Natan Biesmans, CLA

Surely not everyone was kungfu fighting.
Message 6 of 6
(2,506 Views)