Did you mean: 

"Load Warning Summary" dialog box : Dependency loaded from new path

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi LabVIEW Gurus,

To explain the issue see the following behaviour :

My Main Application is in

01_Main.lvproj

This project (01_Main) contain severals packed libraries built from another Project File, let's say

02_PPL.lvlibp

03_PPL.lvlibp

My issue happen when i open the 01_Main.lvproj getting the "Load Warning Summary" dialog box : Dependency loaded from new path.

The gap between all path is SVN Folder which is duplicated ;

Expected Path :

SVN_Project/SVN_Project/02_PPL.lvlibp/Myinstr.vi

NewPath : (Which is the right one ofc)

SVN_Project/02_PPL.lvlibp/Myinstr.vi

Openning Myinstr.vi in the project containning the 02_PPL.lvlibp doesn't show up any warning... or dependancies issues.

Any idea how to solve those Warning ? Even if ignoring them work well... How to solve those for good ?

BR,

Vincent

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 16
(5,615 Views)

The solution to solve it is to save whichever VI's had changed as a result of the new path.  Be sure to save changed VI's.

Next time you open your project, you should not get the new path dialog.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 16
(5,580 Views)

Hi RavensFan,

I'am not sure to understand what you say. I can't change path of VI which are in the good path...

The "new path warning" is detected only on the Main project.

The PPL Projects open VIs without warning...

I tried a mass compile of all project files, still those warning showing up.

What could be nice to know is that each build of PPL is copied into one folder containning all PPL.

The Main Project get its PPL dependencies from this folder.

BR,

Vincent

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 16
(5,577 Views)

Something in the main project was saved when it had the subVI in the bad path.  When it opens, it looks for it at the bad path, when it can't find it there, it keeps looking and finds it elsewhere, now in the "good" path.  If you just close the main project, the fact it found it in the good path is now lost, and it will start looking for it in the "bad" path all over again when you open it again.

If you save the main project once it has found the subVI in the new "good" path, it will remember to look for it in the good path when you open it up the next time.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 16
(5,573 Views)

I save my main project several times a day... Still didn't get it what is your solution.... Saving my project !?

Indeed saving project should consider and save the new path found...

This is the issue because it doesn't!!!!

Why ? Because SVN make it a mess ? Because Packed Libraries make it a mess ?

Anyone experienced this on similar architecture ?

Our application contains around 3500 VIs.

BR,

Vincent

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 16
(5,565 Views)

No further ideas ?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 16
(5,537 Views)

SVN shouldn't cause a problem because it is just copying files and saving files.  Other than if the extracting of files from the SVN database puts it into a different directory than you intended  (such as the extra subdirectory).  And work on that updates files and gets saved back keeping the "wrong" paths stored into the VI's.

I haven't used packed libraries.  But your warning message points towards your second library.  Libraries also maintain other information about what VI's belong in them and what don't.  You say you open the library and don't see any problems, but is that still within the context of the project?

I would consider reconstructing that 2nd packed library.  Make sure all files and folders are where you want them to be before adding them into the library.  Perhaps rebuilding it from scratch will fix all of the data in the library file that describes where the files are relative to each other.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 16
(5,530 Views)

When i open the library it was out of 01_Main.lvproj context ; I open 02_Toto.lvproj which contain 02PPL.lvlib which is used to build the packed library 02_PPL.lvlibp.

Packed lilbrary which is independent from 01_Main.lvproj

The packed library is copied into a folder which is added to 01_Main.lvproj

I think i would consider your last advice to reconstruct projects containning VIs with new path path bug.

BR,

Vincent

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 16
(5,526 Views)

After rebuilding all projects and libraries the issue remain. I openned all projects, and on each of them, removed VIs from LVlib. Then we put them back. Each time LabVIEW save all VIs so we excpect all VIs get their Path updated. After building packed libraries, the same "double folder" appears from some librairies.

Which cause the load warning summary still appears... It is ok because the application works fine but this dialog box is embarrasing. Feel like the project is not clean...

Will keep digging to find a way around this bug. Will keep you updated.

Working on LabVIEW 2016.

Vincent

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 16
(5,465 Views)

[...]

My issue happen when i open the 01_Main.lvproj getting the "Load Warning Summary" dialog box : Dependency loaded from new path.

[...]

BR,

Vincent

Do you get the dialog when loading the lvproj file or when openening the Main.vi inside of the project?

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 16
(5,461 Views)