LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Library information could not be updated" message?

When starting up Labview 2012 (dev suite) and opening a project, I am getting a message that says "Library information could not be updated." in a dialog with an OK button.  I click OK, and everything runs fine.  I have two questions...1) how can I make this stop showing up and 2) what happened to make it do this?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(4,313 Views)

Hi Brian,

Does this happen with a specific project or does it happen everytime you open a project in LabVIEW? Does this happen only when you open projects or does it also happen with VI's? Moreover do you get the message when you open from the File menu or does this only occur when you do not have LabVIEW running and open a project that launches LabVIEW? Could you post a screenshot when you get the error? Thanks

Doug W

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(4,289 Views)

Any movement on this?  I'm getting the same error.

Nate Moehring

SDG
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(4,245 Views)

I never figured out the cause of the problem.  I eventually, for unrelated reasons, set the project to separate compiled code from the VIs.  After that process completed, the "Library information could not be updated" message did not return.  I haven't had it come back since, although I can't claim that this is the correct repair procedure!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(4,230 Views)

Trying to sort out this problem myself. It only occurs when opening one project.

Putnam
Certified LabVIEW Developer

Senior Test Engineer North Shore Technology, Inc.
Currently using LV 2012-LabVIEW 2018, RT8.5

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(4,191 Views)

Sound of crickets ...

Putnam
Certified LabVIEW Developer

Senior Test Engineer North Shore Technology, Inc.
Currently using LV 2012-LabVIEW 2018, RT8.5

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(4,181 Views)

The only time I have seen this problem is when I try to delete from a project a file that LV thinks has been modified, but which doesn't exist anymore on disk.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(4,176 Views)

Hi LV_Pro,

Have you tried brian_g's workaround? To separate compiled code from VIs, see this white paper:

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361H-01/lvconcepts/saving_vis_compiled_code/

Regards,

David R
Systems Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(4,169 Views)

Hmm. Today I'm getting this exact same issue. I have just installed a number of toolkits however so I'm going to dig around and try to get to the bottom of it...

Library information could not be updated.png

Oddly, it shows problems loading Express stuff, and I'm not aware of any NI express code in my project...

Thoric (CLA, CLED, CTD and LabVIEW Champion)

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(3,938 Views)

OK.... Odd....

1. I made a backup of my entire project to work from, duplicating all VIs into a temporary location.

2. I closed LabVIEW, then opened the duplicate project. During load I saw the "Library information could not be updated" message.

3. I removed three VIs from my project relating to one particular driver (I don't think the exact VIs are relevant, but I had to start somewhere), saved the project, closed LabVIEW and reopened to project to see if the message would appear. It did not.

Ha! So "the issues is related to these particular VIs", I thought.

I closed LabVIEW completely and went back to my original Project, opened it and... no error message. But I haven't changed anything here, nor edited any VIs yet. Somehow my original project has stopped complaining!?!

What gives here? Cache bin flush?

Thoric (CLA, CLED, CTD and LabVIEW Champion)

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(3,935 Views)