From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Imaq Histogram" not found

Hi,

I am a new user of Labview and more particulary of the Vision's Vi. I use Labview 8.0. I seem to have all the functions of Motion and Vision but I could not find the two sub vi' called Imaq histogram and Imaq Histograph that I need. What can I do to get those functions ?

Thank you by advance,

Nicolas
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,104 Views)
Hi,

Those functions are included in the Vision Development Module.  It is purchased seperately from LabVIEW or the Vision Acquisition Software.  The Vision Development Module (VDM) contains all of the functions used for image processing.  And the Vision Acquisiton Software is a bundle of our drivers, it contains all of the functions used for Image Acquisition.  If you have VDM then the IMAQ Histogram function is located in the function palette under Vision and Motion>>Image Processing>>Analysis.  I hope this helps. 

Have a good day,

GG
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,096 Views)

So in order to perform the task of getting live images from the camera and showing it´s histogram live, one needs a Vision development Module as well as Vision Acquisition software?

I have to say I find it unclear since the module is installed on my computer under just the name Vision and nothing else.

/Hasti

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(2,516 Views)

Hi Hastik,

You will need two modules to effectively create a vision code.

1. Vision Acquisition Module - for acquiring images from supported cameras

2. Vision Development Module - to perform vision algorithms on images captured using vision acquisition.

A quick tip to check if you have those two modules installed is:

Vision Acquisition Module - check if you can see your camera and capture an image in NI MAX

Vision Development Module - check if you have Vision Assistant Express VI and see if you can launch it

Message 4 of 9
(2,513 Views)

@Hastak: If you just want to do basic analysis, such as a (full-image) histogram, you can simply convert the image to an array at any stage and use the standard histogram VI (math -> statistics). Then you don't need to license the Vision Development Module.

Message 5 of 9
(2,508 Views)

Thanks for the reply. I can do this for one image but in this particular VI, what I want is a live histogram of the camera's live feed. So far I have a window in my VI showing the cameras live feed and I want to have another window beside it showing the histogram. (something like the 16-bit Histogram Example).  I can get the camera's pixel data from using IMAQ ImagetoArray but get stuck at handling the data so they are indeed live. 

/Hasti

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(2,488 Views)

@Hastak wrote:

Thanks for the reply. I can do this for one image but in this particular VI, what I want is a live histogram of the camera's live feed. So far I have a window in my VI showing the cameras live feed and I want to have another window beside it showing the histogram. (something like the 16-bit Histogram Example). My problem is that I don't know where I can get the camera's pixel data from using IMAQdx. 

/Hasti

First check your VISION driver's version details, whether it's having more than that what your LabVIEW version having it. You've to install same LV version VISION driver either of earlier one.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(2,485 Views)

I have checked that and I only have Vision Acquisition and not Vision Development Module. it seems to be working fine since I can read the images normally from the camera using Grab. 

/Hasti

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(2,482 Views)

@NicoPoly wrote:
Hi,

I am a new user of Labview and more particulary of the Vision's Vi. I use Labview 8.0. I seem to have all the functions of Motion and Vision but I could not find the two sub vi' called Imaq histogram and Imaq Histograph that I need. What can I do to get those functions ?

Thank you by advance,

Nicolas

If you need these two palates, then you could've install vision development module driver. It won't come with VISION acquisition  

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,461 Views)