From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"How to control ring indicator in RS232 Protocol"

Dear All,

I'm trying to simulate the properties of a modem using a virtual com port, so I need to control the ring indicator from labview application for simualting the modem properties.Kindly provide us idea for controlling the ring indicator signal from labview.

Thank you.................

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,614 Views)

Hi,

you can use a property node on the VISA Resource Name and select the property VISA Serial > Modem line > RI status. You also have all the other status lines available this way.

Cheers

Edgar

Message 2 of 5
(4,602 Views)

Hi Edgar,

That property node is only for reading the status of the RI signal. If we try to assert the line using that property node you will get error.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,573 Views)

In RS232 all signals are unidirectional with different directions in DCEs (modems) and DTEs (computers). RI is an output line in a modem and an input in a computer.

You will need to use one of the DTE output status lines, that is either RTS or DTR. I don't think there is a way to use RI as output from a computer.

Cheers

Edgar

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,562 Views)

edit - removed

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,541 Views)