From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Help for this vi..." causes "Move To" prompt in IE7

I have an application (LV 2010 SP1) which is documented with .htm and .png files. When installed on a WinXP with IE7, the user is getting a 'Move To' prompt when "Help for this vi" is selected. If at that point a folder is selected, and OK, the .htm file is moved and "Help for this vi" is ghosted out. If select Cancel, another prompt appears - "Copy To". If Cancel, then the vi runs normally - no further problems with Help until the vi is closed and re-opened.

This same app and "Help for this vi" run fine on another PC with IE6, and another with IE8, so we suspect the issue is with IE7. We have checked/compared the Options settings between IE6/IE7, but can't find anything suspicious.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,958 Views)

What is your help path? Do you have a help tag set?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,948 Views)

I set the path via File/VI Properties/Documentation/Help Path (Browse) to:

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\CUSMon Files\iMonDataXFER Folder\iMonDataXFER UM.html

Then in the app builder I 'Always include' this file along with the .png picture files, and point them to the 'data' support directory folder.

No, the help tag box is blank/not used.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,943 Views)