cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Event structure" can't work in "While Loop"

Solved!
Go to solution

Ben, if you think my score is only 2, you are probably mistaken. 😄

(Still, yes there are exceptions, but he used the event structure solely for user interactions here and wondered why "it" (i.e.user interactions) did not work. I cannot follow each posts with a few paragraphs of legalese footnotes: "The above answer is specific to to the situation outlined in the example code and may not be correct under all conditions. Specific scenarios may require a different answer. Your mileage may vary. Void where prohibited. Statement is a personal opinion and the reply cannot be used on human subjects unless relevant permits are obtained. Export restrictions apply...." :D)

Message 21 of 23
(328 Views)

"Do not copy post without express written consent of NBC and Major League Baseball"

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 23
(326 Views)

Moving back to the OP's no longer OP - can you perhaps clarify what you're trying to do (next?) and if you're still having issues?

Perhaps having looked at the shipping examples for analog output with DAQmx you've managed to fix all of your problems, but if not, can you specify what you're trying to do?

I'm happy (and I'm sure several others are also happy) to try and provide more help but I at least am not sure what you might still need to do 🙂

For example, are you trying to remove the sections of 0 in between samples? If so, writing an array of points, using hardware timing, and avoiding recreating the task each period can all help you.

You mentioned a problem with some samples being missing or delayed - I didn't see from the picture what you meant about that (perhaps by delayed you mean the zero value sections, but I'm unclear on the missing). The timing also looks faster than I'd have expected given the previous posts, but perhaps you reduced the waiting periods and sped up the frequency of your triangular wave.

As a side note, there's a "Triangle Pattern" VI that (together with its 'asymmetry' input) would generate the pattern you're currently using. Here's an example snippet:

array set.png

GCentral
Message 23 of 23
(324 Views)