From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Disabled" functionality of property node in global variable

I have a "Ring "global variable and  I am requried to disable it from a different sub vi. I am wondering how I can get the "disabled" functionality of a property node, in the global variable. is there a way ?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,374 Views)

"Disabled" is not allowed on global variables.  It makes sense if you realy think about it.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,368 Views)

Global Variables are already a "different" vi.

I don't know what you mean by disabling a global variable.  A global variable is a means to transfer data between VI's.  It is not a user interface element.

Do you mean that you have a Ring control in one VI and you want to disable that Ring control in a different VI?  If so, you can pass a reference of that ring control from one VI to the other and use the Disabled property node acting on that reference.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,365 Views)

@RavensFan wrote:

Global Variables are already a "different" vi.

I don't know what you mean by disabling a global variable.  A global variable is a means to transfer data between VI's.  It is not a user interface element.

Do you mean that you have a Ring control in one VI and you want to disable that Ring control in a different VI?  If so, you can pass a reference of that ring control from one VI to the other and use the Disabled property node acting on that reference.

Hi RavenFan,

Yes I do need to disable the ring control from the different subvi, I will try using reference.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,362 Views)