LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"DB tools set parameter value" not wokring in LV2020?

Solved!
Go to solution

@Ola_A wrote:

natasftw,

no, this is a new laptop where I installed LV2020 development and 2015 runtime.

/O

As you've got the DB tools working, I'll explain in a bit more detail for the other bit.

Redhawk was discussing the Backwards Compatible Runtime Engine.  When you build an EXE in LV, there's an option in the app builder dialog letting you check a box to either allow the executable you're building to work with future RTEs or to require the specific version.

For the 2015 EXE, that wasn't an option.  You had to run the 2015 RTE because the BCRTE didn't exist yet.

When you were getting into 2020, this also isn't useful to note because you needed to get it running successfully in 2020 before you could build an EXE that would also work.  The BCRTE would only come into play after you debugged, found the problem, built the EXE, and later upgraded to a newer version of the RTE.

If you were trying to use the 2015 EXE, the BCRTE isn't applicable.  If you're trying to debug in the 2020 dev environment, the BCRTE also isn't applicable.  That's why I shared with Redhawk this wasn't a path you'd want to explore.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 11
(116 Views)