LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"DAQ Assistant" is missing/changed in LABVIEW NXG?"

Hi, I am new to NI LabVIEW, and I'm experimenting with both LabVIEW 2018 and LabVIEW NXG.

I noticed that in LabVIEW 2018 I can import a function called: "DAQ Assistant" by selecting

“Functions - Express - Input - DAQ Assistant.”

But in LabVIEW NXG, I couldn't find the same function called "DAQ Assistant".

What I could find is: "NI-DAQmx" under "hardware interfaces".

But there are also multiple sub versions, and they work differently with: "tasks" ?

Can anybody explain me were the "DAQ Assistant" function went in NXG?

or how the new version of this function works in NXG?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,531 Views)

"DAQ assistant" is an "Express" VI.  NXG doesn't support express VIs (at least, not yet).

I'm sure that the DAQ assistant makes things easy for you, but pretty much anyone on this board who uses DAQs on a regular basis hates it (and its associated evil twin, the Dynamic Data Wire). 

I strongly advise you to learn how to use "standard" DAQmx nodes (in both standard LabVIEW and NXG) and forget about the DAQ assistant.

You might start here to connect a DAQ in NXG.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,498 Views)

Hi Kyle,
Thank you for your answer, this explains a lot, I will follow you advise and start learning
the standard" DAQmx nodes

Best regards,

Audio Dandy

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,485 Views)

It has been flat out stated that Express VIs will not exist in NXG.  But in regards to the DAQ Assistant, I think NXG has a better solution.  You can spend time in the measurement pane, set up your task, test it, etc. and then just have it converted straight to code!

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,479 Views)