LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Browse relationships" menu item disappears on Mac LV 2018

I have recently upgraded to Labview 2018 on Mac OS X Mojave, and I have strange behaviour that I am not sure whether is a bug or a feature. What happens is that several menu items in the 'Edit' menu disappear at times. Specifically, the "Browse Relationships" item is missing. See attached screen shot. Is this something that can be turned on and off (I am not aware that I am doing anything to cause it), or is this a bug? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,130 Views)

Sorry, dumb error. I meant the 'View' menu. 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,124 Views)

Was this menu item appearing as you expected before you updated to Mojave? Also, you said that it happens at times in your post above. Is this something that only happens sporadically?

C. Weeks
Product Support Engineer
NI
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,082 Views)

Well, I upgraded to Labview 2018 and Mojave at the same time, so that was not a well-designed experiment. My previous installation was a couple of versions out of date for both the OS and LV. Yes, LV runs for a while as expected and then the menu disappears. Otherwise everything seems to run more or less OK, although it seems more prone to serial-port-related crashes than the last setup. However serial port problems seem to be a bit of an issue with the Mac overall. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,080 Views)

I personally have never experienced anything like that. I wonder if any one else has, or if it's an isolated event.

C. Weeks
Product Support Engineer
NI
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,057 Views)

It has now occurred again on a different Mac, this time running LV 2018 and OS X High Sierra.  

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,043 Views)