LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Automatically select recommended installers" doesn't select Variable Engine?

Hi all,

I recently used shared variables in LabVIEW 2014 for the first time, to share data between multiple local instances of a built executable. Besides building the .exe, I also built an installer for the .exe and necessary LabVIEW runtimes. However, when I check "Automatically select recommended installers" on the "Additional Installers" page of the build specification, it only selects "NI LabVIEW Runtime 2014 SP1". After building and installing the application on another PC, I discovered that it was missing the NI Variable Engine, which required me to go back, deselect "Automatically select recommended installers", and manually select "NI Variable Engine 2015" (I have the LV2015 beta installed too, hence 2015 instead of 2014). It seems like since I used shared variables in my project, it should have automatically included the Variable Engine, no?

Thanks,

Aaron Teitlebaum

Plastic Technologies, Inc.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,332 Views)

Hi Aaron,

Thank you for taking your time to report this. I’ve generated a report that will be redirected to our R&D Department to make them aware of this situation. It would be more efficient if this installer were added as recommended for these situations.

Regards,

AGJ

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,288 Views)