LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Application Instance Close?" Event always occurring

Hi All,

I have a built excecutable in LV2011 (no SP). This application uses the "Application Instance Close?" Filter event to shut-down gracefully when running. It also contains a debug log that tracks the startup and shutdown sequence.

I have run the application in the development environment on Windows 7 (SP1). The application starts and I can experiment with the various features, then close the application normally (via Stop buttons rather than any Aborts).

The built application functions differently - it starts up and then immediately shuts-down. As part of tracking down the reson for this I placed a debug statement in the "Application Instance Close?" event that logs the external shut-down request to the file along with the other debugging information. This event is being fired almost immediately on application start and the application is gracefully exiting. All the expected debug statements in this debug log file are all correct as expected of a external request to exit.

Windows is running stabily and there is no log-off or shut-down occurring. The problem also persists on a reboot.

Any thoughts? I spent a good part of this weel trying to track down the issue. Connecting via the remote debugger works briefully but the application shuts down almost immediately, rendering this debugging option useless.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,281 Views)

When you used the remote debugger, did you set the "Wait for debugger on launch" option?  If not, try it, it may make your remote debugging easier.

Does something in your code trigger the program to exit, or you suspect that Windows (or some other application) is causing your program to close?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,272 Views)

Hi,

I discovered the problem appeared to be solved by performing a Mass Compile. Not certain why or how this made a difference, but the build doesn't shut-down imediately any more.

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,258 Views)